Heat'den İki Sahne


Eady: You travel a lot? 
Neil McCauley: Yeah. 
Eady: Traveling makes you lonely? 
Neil McCauley: I'm alone, I am not lonely. 

Vincent Hanna: Seven years in Folsom. In the hole for three. McNeil before that. McNeil as tough as they say?
Neil McCauley: You looking to become a penologist?
V: You looking to go back? You know, I chased down some crews guys just looking to fuck up, get busted back. And you?
N: You must've worked some dipshit crews.
V: I worked all kinds. 
N: You see me doing liquor store holdups with a ''Born to Lose'' tattoo on my chest?
V: I do not.
N: Right. I am never going back.
V: Then don't take down scores.
N: I do what I do best: I take scores. You do what you do best: Try to stop guys like me.
V: So you never wanted a regular-type life?
N: What is that? Barbecues and ball games?
V: Yeah.
N: This regular-type life like yours?
V: My life? No, my life.... My life's a disaster zone. I got a stepdaughter so fucked up, because her real father is this large-type asshole. I got a wife. We're passing each other on the down slope of a marriage. My third. Because I spend all my time chasing guys like you around the block. That's my life.
N: A guy told me one time: ''Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner.'' Now, if you're on me and you got to move when I move, how do you expect to keep a marriage?
V: That's an interesting point. What are you, a monk? 
N: I have a woman. 
V: What do you tell her? 
N: I tell her I'm a salesman. 
V: So then, if you spot me coming around that corner, you just gonna walk out on this woman? Not say good bye? 
N: That's the discipline. 
V: That's pretty vacant, you know. 
N: Yeah, it is what it is. It's that or we both better go do something else, pal. 
V: I don't know how to do anything else. 
N: Neither do I. 
V: I don't much want to either. 
N: Neither do I. 
V: You know, I have this recurring dream. I'm sitting at this big banquet table and all the victims of all the murders I ever worked are there and they're staring at me with these black eyeballs because they got eight-ball hemorrhages from the head wounds. And there they are, these big balloon people because I found them two weeks after they'd been under the bed. The neighbors reported the smell and there they are all just sitting there.
N: What do they say?
V: Nothing.
N: No talk?
V: Just, they have nothing to say. We just look at each other. They look at me and that's it. That's the dream.
N: I have one where I'm drowning. I gotta wake myself up and start breathing or I'll die in my sleep.
V: Know what that's about?
N: Yeah, having enough time.
V: Enough time to do what you want to do?
N: That's right.
V: You doing it now?
N: No, not yet.
V: You know, we are sitting here, you and I, like a couple of regular fellas. You do what you do and I do what I gotta do. And now that we've been face to face, if I'm there and I gotta put you away, I won't like it. But I tell you, if it's between you and some poor bastard whose wife you're gonna turn into a widow, brother, you are going down. 
N: There is a flip side to that coin. What if you do got me boxed in and I gotta put you down? Cause no matter what, you will not get in my way. We've been face to face, yeah. But I will not hesitate. Not for a second. 
V: Maybe that'll be. Or who knows?
N: Maybe we'll never see each other again.

Yorumlar

Bu blogdaki popüler yayınlar

Dostoyevski -İnsancıklar

Rainer Maria Rilke - Dua Saatleri Kitabı/Duino Ağıtları/Bütün Şiirlerinden Seçmeler/Malte Laurids Brigge'nin Notları + Cahit Zarifoğlu - Rilke'nin Romanında Motifler

Ahmet Erhan - Alacakaranlıktaki Ülke/Ölüm Nedeni Bilinmiyor/Ne Balık Ne De Kuş